LIMITED MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
This standard limited warranty covers all Grandwell Industries, Inc. (hereinafter refer to as "Grandwell") manufactured products.
All new Outdoor LED Message Center Displays are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use. Grandwell Industries will replace or repair any defects of Message Center Display within 60 (sixty) Months from date of purchase (12 months for computers and communication equipment). Customer must trouble shoot with Grandwell technician via telephone to determine and fix problems. Simply return the defective part(s) or LED Sign back to us. YOU PAY SHIPPING COST of defective part(s) or Whole LED Display back to us in Fuquay Varina, NC (USA). Under warranty, Grandwell will cover the shipping cost of part(s) or Whole LED Display back to you. In addition, this warranty does NOT cover damage to components caused by local electrical power surges, acts of war, acts of God (lightning strikes, tornado, hurricane, snow storm, ice storm, etc….), vandalisms, accidents, neglect, alteration or ordinary wear and tear of the display. Liability is limited to replacement of defective parts or components ONLY. If sign is damaged by any of the above mentioned, the warranty becomes VOID and Grandwell will NOT be held liable to replace damaged components. Grandwell will assist customer with technical support via telephone FREE of charge in assisting to fix the display, but customer will pay for replacement parts and shipping cost that go along with shipping said components as well as the cost of local installer/ technician working hours on the Grandwell manufactured electronic display locally.
1. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS GRANTED BY GRANDWELL INDUSTRIES, INC. LOCATED AT 6109 NC 55 HWY S., NORTH CAROLINA 27526.
2. If, within the warranty period, products of Grandwell's own manufacturing requires service, the defective unit (products and/or components) must be returned to Grandwell postage prepaid. Prior to returning the unit, a Service Authorization Number (SA#) must be obtained by calling our Technical Service Department at 919- 557-2049. An SA# must be issued before any service is performed on a display. Upon receipt the unit will be repaired or replaced at the seller's option.
3. This limited warranty does not apply to any part or component that is damaged in transit or when handling has been subject to misuse, neglect or accident. Which includes but is not limited to: improperly operating the display or operating the unit beyond the factory-rated capacity, improper maintenance of the unit, incorrect installation of the unit, or damage resulting from use of third-party products or services. In addition, this warranty does not cover war, acts of God, vandalisms, accidents, neglect, alteration or ordinary wear and tear of the display. Liability is limited to replacement of defective parts or components.
4. Grandwell will not be responsible for the loss of the use of any product, loss of time, inconvenience, or any other indirect, incidental, or consequential damages with respect to person or property, whether a result of breach of warranty, neglect or otherwise. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION IN THE PROCEEDING SENTENCE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL.
5. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
6. Any warranty by Grandwell of merchantability, fitness for use, or any other warranty (express, implied or statutory), representation or guarantee other than those set forth herein, shall expire at the expiration date of this express limited warranty. SOME STATE DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE LIMITATION IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL.
7. Grandwell reserves the right to make changes in the design and material of its products without incurring any obligation to incorporate such changes in units completed on the effective date of such change.
OPTIONAL EXTENDED MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
Grandwell can extend the standard manufacturer warranty on any products purchased from us in 12 month increments up to a maximum warranty duration of 60 months. The extended warranty must be purchased before delivery of the electronic LED display.
OPTIONAL ON-SITE LABOR WARRANTY
Grandwell can add on-site labor to the standard and extended manufacturer warranty on any products purchased from us in 12 month increments up to a maximum warranty duration of 60 months. The on-site labor warranty must be purchased before delivery of the electronic LED sign.
PARTS AND REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
Grandwell’s inexpensive way to get your electronic messaging system up and running. The program is included in our standard warranty. After trouble shooting your system with the customer provided onsite personage/technician, Grandwell will ship refurbished and/or new parts to for you to replace. Simply return the defective part(s) back to us. If under warranty, Grandwell will cover the cost of shipping parts to you.
LIMITED MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
Grandwell Industries, Inc. (hereafter referred to as “Grandwell”) stands behind its products. Grandwell warrants all new products delivered to the original purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of THREE (3) YEARS from the date of invoice of the product.
Grandwell’s warranty obligations are limited to the terms set forth below. In the event of experiencing problems with any of our products, please follow these guidelines:
During the warranty period, Grandwell will, at its sole descretion, (a)
repair the product at no charge with new or reconditioned parts, or (b) replace
the product with a functionally equivalent product. Grandwell will repair or
replace defective parts that are returned to Grandwell head-office, in Fuquay
Varina, North Carolina, United States.
A replacement part or product assumes the remaining warranty of the original part or product, or NINETY (90) DAYS from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides a longer coverage. When a part or product is replaced, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes Grandwell’s property.
USING WARRANTY SERVICE
Please contact Grandwell and let us know the product by its model number, serial number and date of purchase, and provide a brief description of the problem. You may be required to provide a proof-of-purchase, such as a copy of the invoice.
Grandwell will assist you in resolving minor issues over the telephone or via email. If unresolved, Grandwell will issue a Return Merchandize Authorization number (RMA).
This limited warranty does not cover any damage to this product that results from:
● Damage caused by natural disaster, accident, abuse, misuse, misapplication, neglect, improper ventilation, water, electric power fluctuations and/or spikes, and operating the product outside its recommended parameters and/or environment.
● Damage caused by service, including upgrades and expansions.
● A product or a part that has been tempered with or modified without Grandwell’s approval.
● Damage to the product due to shipment.
● Normal wear and tear.
Grandwell is not responsible for direct or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, including but not limited to lost profits, downtime, goodwill, damage to or replacement of equipment and property, any costs of recovering or reproducing any program or data stored in or used with Grandwell products, and any failure to maintain the confidentiality of data stored on the product. Grandwell does not represent that it will be able to repair any product under this warranty or make a product exchange without risk to or loss of programs or data.
You will be responsible for sending the defective part or product at your own cost, and Grandwell will send you the replacement item at our cost.
The warranty is return to base only, and
does not include: On-site repair charges such as labor, travel, shipping, and
other expenses associated with the repair or installation of replacement parts.
Main: (919) 557-1221
Toll Free: 800-338-6554
Fax: (919) 552-9830
Acceptable Pixel Failure Rate - see product manual for printed warranty
ISO 13406-2 guidelines which specify an “acceptable” number of dead pixels by display category. By this standard, Class 1 displays tolerate exactly zero dead pixels or sub-pixels which makes them expensive and uncommon. Class II monitors--the kinds we actually use--are allowed to exhibit two malfunctioning pixels and five malfunctioning sub-pixels per million. On a 1080p display, four dead pixels and ten dead sub-pixels would be within ISO tolerances
HP’s dead pixel policy for monitors pretty much hits it out of the park. The company tolerates zero full dead pixel defects and is harsh on sub-pixels, too: a maximum of five combined bright/dark anomalies is within HP’s tolerances. Like Dell, HP also offers a premium guarantee for more expensive displays--its LP2475w, LP2480zx and LP3065 monitors are allowed only 4 dark sub-pixels and zero bright sub-pixels.
It takes six or moredead pixels, dark sub-pixels or bright sub-pixels to warrant a replacement from Dell.However, Apple is willing to replace any display, no matter how few anomalies it’s presenting. But if the replacement unit happens to be plagued with more dark or light sub-pixels still within acceptable range, they’re not going to replace it again.